Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seating...

JudgeBao
    screenshot. Using one image of a seat(back), create alpha map - placed in the transparency slot, i.e. a clipmap. The bottom right image is the render, the other two are different sketchup views. It has the advantage of you being able to easily arrange and re-arrange the seating pattern to suit your stadium. It aint perfect, but you get the idea.

David

Sketchup 2015
    Vray version 2.00
    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thats good david... thats much more along the lines of what I was talking about earlier. A displacement map of just the back would take that even farther.

A note if you are going to use a transparency map on that...for something with this many places for transparency, try to use a map that only has 100% white or 100% black. The reason for this is because any color that has a value in between those two will cause multiple rays to be traced and slow things down. If its only black or white, then a ray either gets traced or doesn't and that should help keep things speedy.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thank you david, I think that is what I need. I will just have to find pictures like the one you use on your example. Is there any tutorial here that teaches step by step how to use transparency, beacause I am kinda new to vray and still learning.

Comment

Do a search on this site for 'clip mapping' - there are several threads and you will get a good undestanding by reading through these.

David
          Sketchup 2015
          Vray version 2.00
          www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks buddy for all your help

Comment

Working...
            X