texture problem/question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texture problem/question

hi, i have another problem. When i apply the fireplace texture in sketchup, it looks fine inside sketchup (like in the first picture) but when i render it, it comes out as a single shade (the second picture). the rug on the floor, the wood floors and the walls are all textures that have been applied the same way. this isn't the first time this has happened to me. there are no materials applied from vray, all i did was just a render and thats it. hmmm... anyone? thanks in advance...

Re: texture problem/question

What file format is the fireplace texture? VfSU doesn't suppose all the formats SU does. For instance; TIFF is not supported by VfSU.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

it is a regular jpeg. i tried repositioning the picture and it doesn't help. maybe the general geometry of the fireplace gets in the way somehow because every other texture works fine... odd

Comment

I think you need to explode (within sketchup) the picture. that was the reason with me it didn't render the picture. Sorry for my english i hope you understand.

let me know if it worked!
        Dutch tutorials for Sketchup and V-ray: Proseduction.nl<br /><br />And although i have some tutorials i still am learning!

Comment

explode what? its not a group. just a texture that has been stretched over an area.

Comment

It has nothing to do with it being a group. The way SU places an image (when using the import command) doesn't actually create a material. V-Ray needs a material in order to tell what image is applied. Exploding it will add a material to the Material editor and you should be able to work things out from there.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

so how exactly do i explode this? this is different than exploding a group right? and also this is just an import of a fireplace i found on google that has been stretched with the "pins" if you know what i mean but there is no way that i can position this picture by using the bitmap setting in diffuse. Or is there? Or maybe there is a different way to do this?

Comment

right click on it...there should be the option to explode. After that right click again and at the bottom of the context menu, that will get you the "pins" adjust those and you should be on your way to having it come up in the render
                Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

still no results. actually now the whole picture shows up like this:

but i want it to be like this: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ireplace-1.jpg
                  i tried everything and nothing helps! Anyone?

Comment

I haven't had much success with stretching images using the 'pins', they don't seem to render out the size you have set, as you have found.
                    In these circumstances I usually re-size the image in sketchup materials editor until the part that you are interested in (in your case the fire and its immediate surround) fits the frame you have defined. Also 'positioning' the texture works, so you can make final adjustments.

Good luck

David
                    Sketchup 2015
                    Vray version 2.00
                    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

still, no matter what i do, explode, material editor, linked material in vray, nothing works. at first the image wont show up at all and after i reposition the picture how i want, the picture just shows up but not how i positioned it. it just stretches the whole picture over the area where it was applied and just shows the whole image. this is really driving me crazy.......

Comment

this is such a big pain. would anyone with a big soul be willing to do this for me if i sent them an attachment of the sketchup file and the picture? it's really important...

Comment

I feel your pain!!

Try this:-

David
                          Sketchup 2015
                          Vray version 2.00
                          www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

wow! thank you! i will try this right now. thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! ;D ;D

Comment

still no luck =( maybe i got some glitch on my computer or something that interferes with something because i also noticed that when i sometimes explode the picture, the whole picture just disappears. who knows. :'(

Comment

Working...
                              X