No Matter what I do NO Sketchup sun showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Matter what I do NO Sketchup sun showing

I have read and searched around the forum and still can not fix this issue. I can see my sketchup sun within sketchup but when rendering I only get GI. I have unchecked the Vray sun so as I see it Vray should be using the sketchup sun correct? I would love to post the file but it is quite large. I have a wall of windows and have applied Vray glass material to them so I would need to see the sun coming through but still have none.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I am running a MAC pro and I am wondering where the Vray manual is so I can print it. Can someone please direct me to it?

Best regards,
    Scott

Re: No Matter what I do NO Sketchup sun showing

The sun is on by default, so you may want to take a look at those in a blank file or restore them within the file you are working with. Basically, you need to have Default Lights enable in the Global Switches roll out (this is literally for the sun), and then its a good idea to add the Sky texture to the GI and Background slots in the Environment rollout.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Boy do I feel like a complete ass!

Do you know where I can find the manual?

Comment

Downloads> V-Ray for SketchUp> Tutorials and Documents (folder at the top) and the manual will be in there.

Comment

Damien,

Alright I tried the Default lights and still no sun. I have a bank of windows and the sun needs to come through them. I have a single face for the glass with the backface towards to outside. Is this correct? I have used a previous version of Vray and never had these issues.

Scott

Comment

maybe you should turn on the shadows or if you had it on already put a bias on it like 2 or 3
            Juan Carlos

Comment

So its not that you're not seeing the sun, but that you're not seeing the sun through a glass material. Yes?

If you are using a refractive material (as you should be using with glass) the light shining through the glass is not the same as normal light. You'll want to enable Affect Shadows in the refraction layer of your material.

A detailed explanation can be found here
              http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...24025#msg24025

Comment

Working...
              X