Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grr - Imported VRAY texture issues. Begging for assistance..literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grr - Imported VRAY texture issues. Begging for assistance..literally.

Ok - so I will start this thread as most with texture/material issues do: So I downloaded several textures from this site.

Up until recently I have been completely unfamiliar with Vray to Sketchup terminology and when I had issues importing and read responses like "you have to link to bitmap, bump, etc" I had no clue what that referred to. It never fully walked through the process - what to click, where to go, what to do.

Finally - I came to the solution and now my imported textures are functional. Just to run-down the steps, I imported the vismat first, and clicked on the "M" for color and attached the .png (colored) texture appearance file. Attached the b/w bump image as well under the "M" in Bump.

After that textures could be previewed and edited, but now they are out of scale.

Now I am curious. I have read a few threads that mention involving the SU material editor? And if so, I have no idea what I am doing then. Do I import the .png image files into the SU editor? I am lost.

How do I scale in Vray Mtl editor?
    Also - some of the colors aren't coming out quite right. I suppose the remedy for that is simply to play around with the settings, but shouldn't the imported settings do that?

Any information would be amazing. It seems like the more threads I read, the more infintesimal issues I discover that could potentially throw off the entire texture or image. There just seems to be so many parameters that need to be met specifically.

Anyone?
Working...
X