V-ray sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray sun

Why is it that the shadows in my rendered image never look like my shadows in my sketchup scene? I find the shadows in my rendered scene suck....there is no contrast. It almost seems like there isn't any. I have light filtering through my window and into my space in the rendered image...but no shadows...it's weird.

Re: V-ray sun

I've looked through the forum and haven't had any luck finding answers. I changed both my GI and background setting to sky. I realise this question probably comes up a lot which must get annoying. IT's so weird because the shadows in my rendered image are in different places then my sketchup scene.

Comment

You need to set the physical camera and in the environment roll-out, GI - sky - check 'override suns paramenters' (I usually also set the sun size multiplier to 3 to soften the shadows)
      The latest SR! picks up the sun position from SU, but a bug in the earlier release means you have to keep re-setting this.
      Sun re-set bug
      In the environment - GI (Skylight) roll-out untick "Override Sun's parameters", hit 'apply' and then tick it again, and hit 'apply' again, that usually does the trick.
      (In other words you have to completely re-set this option after any changes in sketchup)

David
      Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for you help David. I've tried most of that stuff but no luck. I will post some pics so you can have a better look.

Comment

Hey David,
          I figured out how to get the sun's shadows to work properly for exterior renderings which is great! Thank you. For some reason, it doesn't seem to work for interior renderings. I am guessing it has something to do with the sunlight passing through the glass window. I made sure that the "affect shadows" box was checked to fake the caustics feature. (If that made any sense). I am getting some shadows in the interior rendering but they do not match my sketchup shadows from the sun. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X