In need of seamless textures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of seamless textures.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites where I can get high quality, SEAMLESS textures. The problem I keep having is that the textures don’t seem to be seamless which makes the render look terrible. I’ve also heard that there is a way to make textures seamless???? I am finding that most of the textures from this website aren’t seamless. I would be willing to pay a little bit for these textures, but free would be stellar. ?

One more question. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a normal jip rock wall? I haven’t been using any textures to do this and I am starting to think it would be better to use one. Any comments? Thanks for your help.

Re: In need of seamless textures.

You don't say what sort of textures you are looking for.

cgtextures.com do quite large textures, but they don't usually tile, so although they are free, you then have to manipulate them yourself.
    I often photograph brickwork to make my own textures, which is quite successful, but other materials, like timber can be more complex. Sometimes using PS to mirror and flip a texture lets you create one larger image to use.

David
    Sketchup 2015
    Vray version 2.00
    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply David. I was looking for tile able wood planks for hardwood floor. I never thought about using a giant image to avoid tiling. If I do the photographing myself, wouldn’t the perspective screw up the image?

Comment

Nooo, well yes (!), but you dump it into PS and correct the perspective.
        Some of the best timber textures are arroway, the smaller samples from their site are free, but you get huge textures on a cd if you pay.

david
        Sketchup 2015
        Vray version 2.00
        www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks again David!

Comment

Working...
          X