Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior Rendering-Need Help & Critiques?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Rendering-Need Help & Critiques?

OK here is a recent rendering that I have been working on. I need to try to put this rendering into the actual site picture. The problem I am having is that the glass to me, is not going to look right and I dont know to make it work. I know that it does not have an environment around it to reflect anything, but I need it too look more realistic without modeling a site...any suggestions? Ive tried putting huge images outside the camera view for the windows to reflect something but they just block the sunlight....why is that? If anyone could help with suggestions to make this a little more realistic, It will greatly appreciated. And feel free to give any other critiques. Thank you in advance for any help.

-Steelers05

Re: Exterior Rendering-Need Help & Critiques?

Instead of putting an image object in the scene, set the image in the environment rollout.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

thomthom's idea is one way, and if it works for you then is by far the easiest, however I find it really difficult to get the scale and proportion of the image looking right when I put it in the environment slot, so now I always do this
      http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...20669#msg20669
      and adjust the suns position or image so it doesn't impact on the scene. In fact I usually welcome the dappled shadow that you can get from the billboard (clipmapped of course). It is also quite easy to move the billboards so you are getting the right effect.
      You will have a right old game cutting out all that street clutter when you come to photomatch it! Best of luck! I think I would be tempted to model the clutter (trees hedges, street furniture etc) immediately in front of the building, which may be quicker than cutting round it in PS.

Good luck

David
      Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

You could also try inserting the picture in the reflection filter of the window material. Any parts of the window where there is reflection, this picture would show up. You may want to go take a picture of the buildings across the street to be more accurate...but you don't need to.

-Go to your window material
        -open up your reflection layer
        -you should see a small "m" beside filter....click it.
        -Under the "type" rollout...choose bitmap
        -just to right...beside file...there is another small "m" click that and enter your image.
        -you may want to adjust your UVW transform to make the image the appropriate size. This will be done through trial and error.

Hope this helped. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks alot guys for the quick response. Im gonna try all these and see what I come up with. Ill keep you posted if not here then in the gallery.

Thanks a ton

Comment

Actually...that may not work. Every window would have the same image in it which would be problematic.

Comment

Working...
            X