Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadows for the trees

Hello,

I am new to VraySU. I have downloaded some ambientlight free samples of trees. They had alpha images and tree.jpg with black background. I converted it to png with transperancy in photoshop. I then inserted image into SU and exploded and made it into componenet with face camera on.

Now I go into Vray material editor and tried to add VrayLinkedmaterial. But couldnt find that option. I see Vray material, Vray 2sided material, VraySkp2side material and Vray angleblend materail. But i see image name as a material name in material editor. So i open it and add transperancy (alpha map) and in map, background map (again alpha map)

Tree work fine but i dont see shadow. I am using dalomer's gi_irmap_lc_medium.visopt downloaded from here. I see very very soft shadows. Could it be because of the shadow settings in visopt? Or is there anything i am missing in material editor?

Can someone please help me here. I am trying to insert image here. but when i click on insert image button above, it just gives me[img][/img].

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Re: shadows for the trees

try this one: http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...0&topic=3139.0
    you can upload your images to imageshack.us and post the link here.

www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Thanks very much.
      It worked. The tutorial you mentioned was very helpful.

Comment

Glad i could help
        www.Top3Dstudio.com
        SU 8
        VfS 1.48.89
        Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
        X