Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create grayscale bitmaps? and displacement maps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create grayscale bitmaps? and displacement maps....

Hi Guys,

Could someone please help me! I am trying to create grayscale bitmaps? from a JPEG in Photoshop?.....No?

I am lost, and wanting to know how to create materials that have a bitmap and a coloured texture for SketchUP. Wanting to use them in the scene rather than non-visible Vray material until the render.

Do I have to create a whole load of new materials or can you derive a bitmap from the standard SketchUp materials......how?

Also how to create a texture for displacement mapping,

Please quiz.

Re: How to create grayscale bitmaps? and displacement maps....

You can just convert your existing texture image to greyscale (in PS) and increase the contrast to create a bumpmap. You may need to make the map a negative image to get the bumps to work in the right direction. You then put that bump map in the bump map slot in the vray material editor. A displacement map is very similar, and is often the same map. Try bump mapping first!
    You won't see the effect of the bump map until you render, and then it will be more apparent if there is directional light (e.g. sunlight)) falling on the surface.
    (if all else fails, try googling 'bump maps' - there are a few tutorials out there.)

David
    Sketchup 2015
    Vray version 2.00
    www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X