Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with interior renders!!!

Hi to all!

I am new to this forum, however, i have used sketchup for about a year and have recently started trying to teach myself VRay for sketchup.

I have created a night time interior render and a daytime interior render, and although they are a step up from basic sketchup renders, i know they could be sooooo much better!

Night Time Interior; Image Link - http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2..._render_01.jpg

Day Time Interior; Image Link - http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...MP_smaller.jpg

So, i would love it if some more advanced VRay users could give me advice on making these images clearer, with less noise, and most importantly...more photo realistic!

For the night time render, I have only used sketchup materials (i dont know how to use vray materials properly!), and i used the 'interior reading gi' render preset available on asgvis.com, then altered the shutter speed on the camera to 900 and turned off GI (skylight) and Background under environment.

For the daytime one, i used the same preset but with the shutter speed to 125 and the GI/background left on. I also tried to use vray materials which i downloaded from this site with this one but i dont think any have worked at all, maybe the carpet slighty?

I am using the shutter speed as the main control for how light/dark the over all render will be. is this the best parameter to be altering for this?

Any help from you VRay advanced users and veterans would be greatly appreciated!

Help me progress please!!

Thanks,

Johnny8dljuneau

Re: Help with interior renders!!!

Hi everyone,

I have done another render of the interior bedroom scene, this time i have altered the render settings, edited some materials and added metallic light fittings to try and test out rendering this type of material.

Image Link - http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...omrender03.jpg

As you can see from the image, i am getting a horrible speckled light all over. What is this?

I have 1 VRay rectangular light behind a set of blinds in the window, and its multiplier is only set to 3 and it is still really intense, intense enough to make the blinds virtually disappear!

I also have an omni placed just below the pendant light at the top, multiplier at 7, and 1 more rectangular light behind the viewport (in an open doorway) set to a multiplier of 80.

Please help me advanced VRay users.

I eagerly await your comments, critiques and answers!

Johnny8dljuneau

p.s. these renders are taking approx 3 hours per image on a pentium 4, 2.9ghz, 2gig ram pc. Should it be taking this long?

Comment

*BUMP*

Comment

Hi,

Even though I don't know what setting you are using, but through my very humble experience in Vray I can give you the following tips.

- to get rid of the light blotches, you should turn the caustics off.
        - to improve the quality of the rendered image, you should use QMC as as second render engine.

also, it will be very useful to use one of the ready VIOPTS which are available at the download section.

I hope this will help you.

Comment

Working...
        X