Rendering Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Problem

My render is taking forever at Building Light Cache. I turned down the subdivs to 300 from 1000 and it is still going very slow. This is the first time that this has happened and only happens on this particular 3d model. Its just a building and its site.

Everything is default in options except:

Global Switches > Lighting : Only default lights is checked
    Indirect Illumination > Primary Engine: Set to Irradiance Map
    Light Cache > Calc Parameters: Subdivs set to 300

There are only two materials implied into the model, both for glass to make the panes reflective and translucent.

Any help on why it is taking so long to build the light cache would be appriciated. Thanks

-Matt

Re: Rendering Problem

I turned down the subdivs to about 50 and the output to 800x600 and it goes much faster. My question then is, will having the subdivs as low as 50 and the output at about 4500x2400 reduce the quality of the render?

Comment

Having such a high resolution image with such low LC subdivs is not a wise combination.
      www.Top3Dstudio.com
      SU 8
      VfS 1.48.89
      Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Something doesn't really seam right here. LC really shouldn't move that slow, so I think there's either something within the scene or with a material that could be throwing a wrench in the works. Is there any major overlapping geometry or to items in the exact same place? When there are significant overlapping faces, V-ray can really choke on those because it doesn't know how to tell which face to use. Also, you said that the material that you're using is translucent...if it really is translucent (and not just transparent), than it might be the cause of the slowdown as well. These are really the only two things I can think of without taking a look at your scene.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X