Material color and how much it affects environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material color and how much it affects environment

Is there a way to change how much a materials color affects the rest os the scene? I have a tan tile floor that turn almost everything that same tan color. I know in some renderers you can actually change how much a material affects the rest of the scene but I can not figure it out in Vray. I still want to maintain the color in the floor because it is correct but I do not want it to bleed into the rest of the scene as much. Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

Re: Material color and how much it affects environment

How much a scene is affected by a given material really depends on the construction of the scene. In some you may find very little bleeding and in some it may be very significant. At the moment there is not direct way to control this. There is something called a V-Ray Override material that we will be supporting in the future.

In the meantime, the best way I know to deal with this is to precalculate all of your light maps (irradiance maps and LC maps) with a "toned down" version of the material. Save those maps and set the mode to From File and choose the maps you just saved. Now switch back to the original material and you should have all of your GI be representative of your first material.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Dalomar,

Thanks for the answer even though it is not an easy work around . Hopefully as you say we will have more control of this in the near future.

Scott

Comment

It isn't actually as hard as it sounds. It just takes a little bit of prep and 2 secs of remembering to save the maps and switch the material. If you're in a pinch to get the affect you're looking for then give it a try.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X