Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior light this time

Hi all!
    Sorry guys if i'm post all these question, but the thing is that I've just startet using V-ray and I have to deliver a lot of images.
    By the way V-ray is great!
    I'm seating now with an interior render, quite simple.
    I just want your help and tips.
    I think is better to show you some tests.
    The first picture has been rendered by using HDRI (like David suggested in the other thread about exterior images)outside the room and trying to get the proper light inside.
    But I thing there are at least 2 problems
    1- the room is too dark
    2- the outside is to white.
    I understand the space has not big and nice windows, but maybe you have got some idea to make it a little bit better.

I have put a HDRI on sky and background (shouldn't I put on background maybe?
    anyway take a look please

The second image instead is only with default sunlight from sketchup, I like the sun going through the windonws, but the indoor light looks not "really realistic", I think.
    Since by reading this forum I understood that is not possible to combine SU sun with HDRI GI, I donĀ“t know if in this second case there is some way to improve the light inside.

Anyway I have here also the problem with the light from outside..very bright.

By the way, I think I have already posted a problem about some difficulty in rendering components or block copied and pasted into my model.
    It seems they just disappear.
    sometimes works sometimes not.
    In some case If I explode the object then it appears, but If I explode a Nurbs surface then I loose the soft edge.
    Do you have any idea about this?

this is an image taken by the model, you can see there is a sofa which is not rendered in the previous images and I don't know why.

Re: Interior light this time

I use HDRI in all my scenes, and I just put the HDRI in GI and in background.I enable the sketchup shadows, and check the "default lights" in global switches, witch it's the sun. It's not working with physical camera enabled. And you can not make the shadows softer. As for the couch, try to "edit" the component(right click/edit ) and put the material over the faces.
    I hope this will help. Good luck!

Comment

Vinch
      I can't see any advantage in using a HDRI in this situation.
      Personally I would go with your second image and increase the sun size multiplier to 3 or 5 to make the shadows softer, then add a blurry and slightly bleached-out image for the view through the window in PS. Here is a recent example from FreeAgent http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...24745#msg24745
      ALso the need to explode nested components has been fixed in SR1.

Regards

David

Sketchup 2015
      Vray version 2.00
      www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

I think you should not worry about the outside being too bright as this is how it will normally appear when taking a photo of an interior in this kind of situation. Basically the exposure that is need for the proper appearance of the room is to high for the outside, and will therefore be very bright.

Beyond that, in this case, the sun version looks significantly better and will most likely speed up your calculations. Lighting a room like this with just an hdri can generally take quite a while to sample, where the direct light from the sun helps make some of the GI calculations much less significant.

an HDRI can be used with the sun in the background if you are using one of the recent versions of vfsu
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thank you guys!
          it seems everyone prefer the second, then I'll go for it and try to fix some detail and furniture.
          Thank you again
          Vinch

Comment

Hi,

Can someone tell me is it possible to attach zipped files to a posting? and how to go about this!

Peace.

Comment

Hi guys!
              I wanted to thank you again for the help in this topic.
              I show you the result, actually is my first render with vray.
              So please, say everything it is needed to say to help me to improve...be also mean
              I'm not happy with the chairs.
              I download the model from the original site...it was a 3ds file...but the surface was not smooth (you can see it looks strange)...do you know how to avoid that?
              the soften edges didn't help that much.
              take a look please,
              thank you
              Vincenzo

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/930/01hb2.jpg

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9148/02sc6.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X