Vray Infinite plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Infinite plane

Is it possible to make holes in Infinite plane?
    i use the 1.00 version
    www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Re: Vray Infinite plane

Nope Sorry
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

i see. :-\.. thanks for reply
      www.Top3Dstudio.com
      SU 8
      VfS 1.48.89
      Win 7 64-bit

Comment

It has to do with how the infinite plane is created. There's no real geometry there, only the tag that once a ray passes that plane to render it with a certain material. So we can't create a hole because there's nothing really to create a hole in. There's also no beginning or end to the infinite plane, so it would be really hard to locate the hole as well. Maybe that sounds a little odd, but hopefully it explains things slightly better.

Comment

It does makes sense.
          Thanks Damien
          www.Top3Dstudio.com
          SU 8
          VfS 1.48.89
          Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Damien

Would the Infinite Plane render faster than geometry; say, if used as Floor for an interior scene? Ir. Map calculates GI only for areas 'visible to camera' so thats OK for using this for Interiors. But if one would think of using Photon map as Primary Engine, would the calculations take eternity to render the Infinite Plane ?... (Just kidding.. but would it ?)

Macho

Comment

I don't think that it will necessarily render significantly faster in one situation or another. In the case of Photon mapping, photons will lie where the need to, so I guess an infinite plane will give them more of a place to lie than real geometry. I don't think this would necessarily cause things to render faster or slower, but it might cause some extraneous samples to be hanging around, which may cause artifacts.

Comment

Working...
              X