X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material settings lost on reopen

Hey guys,
    First post, so be gentle!

Just wondering if anyone had a solution to the fact that V-Ray material settings such as reflection or refraction seem to be lost unless you export them out before closing the model.

In other words, my usual workflow would be to edit a SU model, create and apply some materials, save as an .SKP file and then quit.

What I have found is that when I reopen the model, the diffuse colour and transparency settings remain, but the more complex (v-ray specific) layers are gone.
    If I right-click on a material in the editor tree and reimport it, then the settings are restored.

This is obviously a workaround, which only requires that I remember to export each custom material, however, it does become a bit tedious to do this material by material every time...

Am I missing something in my workflow? Is there a way to import/export all my custom materials at once perhaps?

Grateful for any input,

T

Re: Material settings lost on reopen

What version are you using?? There was an issue a long ways back, but that was easily 8 months ago (and in vfr). We've had probably a half a dozen builds since then, so check your version. The most recent one that is available for download is 1.1.74 so if yours is much earlier than that, then I'd suggest updating.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks for the swift response.

I checked and we're running (SketchUp)Version 1.00.74, not 1.1.74

(We only downloaded and installed a few weeks ago)

The version in the download section says it is still 1.00.74

Was that a typo in your post, or is there a newer version available?

Thanks,

T

Comment

Typo. 1.00.74 is the latest available.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

I can copy that. I'm using .74 and am facing the same problem. What I do to work around this is to save the visopt every 5 minutes (you never know when to expect a bugsplat with large files) with a name synonymous with the file name I'm working with, and when I reopen/restart a new SU session, make it the first thing to load the last saved visopt. Pretty tedious, but I guess till this is fixed that's the only way to do it

Macho

Comment

Yea, sorry about the version number mix up...We'll try to take a look at this and see what we can find.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
            X