Turning off vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off vray

Don't know if this has been asked already, is there any way to turn vray off before loading a model. Our company uses vray but not for all our projects. We have old models that needs revising but when loading it into sketchup vray slows it down 'coz it's trying to convert all the materials into vray materials. It was nice before when you have to just convert materials manually.

Any help?

Thanks.

Re: Turning off vray

Right now, as you've found out, SU just loads all the plugins that it has and doesn't have a method for unloading them or not loading them at all. Therefore the only way to prevent SU from loading a plugin is to prevent it from reading it, either by removing that plugin, or changing its extension. The first option is not very desired, but the second does the job alright. If you change the extension from .rb to something else (.noload for instance), then SU won't recognize that as a ruby plugin, and won't load it. Once you want it back, you can change the extension back to .rb and restart SU. We know that this is not a desired course of action, but we are severely limited by SU's handling of plugins. We're looking for a solution to this in the future, but for now, this is pretty much it.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

SketchUp has a way to activate and deactivate plugins from the UI. One example is the Sandbox plugin that ships with SU. Can't that be utilised?
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Thank you Dalomar.

Comment

I just took a look at it, and I don't think that its available to us. I can take a closer look though and see whats the deal with it...
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X