Sketchup Animation and Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup Animation and Vray?

So ive seen plenty of animations on this forum and I was wondering if anyone could make a SU/Vray animation tutorial. Ive searched all over the forum and the only thing ive found is a workaround using a 3Dmax tutorial. No we all know it is possible to do, because we have seen them posted here and on the SU forum. It is just kind of a pain trying to figure this out with a max tutorial when we know there are people that know how to do it in SU. I dont mean to push anyone, but its just something im suprised hasnt been made yet. I mean what ruby's do you use even to set your animations up in SU for vray? Ive just bought the flightpath ruby and im not even sure if that is the right approach (im not even comfortable using it-a tutorial on that would be great too if anyone has it in them to do?) I think many people would benefit with a start to finish workflow-process tutorial that included any rubys used. I will be in debt, along with many others that would find this beneficial, to whom ever decides to create one. Thanks for any response.

Re: Sketchup Animation and Vray?

I AGREE with Steelers05.
    It's like vfsu anim' is left in a dark.
    i saw a couple of anim's done by Princedragoncok (http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...25820#msg25820).
    It will be really GREAT if someone could make a Tutorial about it. :
    I mean why should a person go crazy trying and trying to make an animation (from scratch) if someone else have been trough that already, and can help others.
    That's my opinion on this.

www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Comment

If you search for animations on the forum you'll find a bunch of stuff. You'll find some "how do I do animations" questions, but you should find a number of good threads. Setting up your animation within SU is one thing and doesn't need to be any harder than creating some pages. The main reason you haven't found any more than a modified vfMax to tutorial is that it gives you all the information that you need. Understand that there are core concepts to V-Ray. If you understand those concepts, then they will be applicable whether its SU, Rhino, Max, C4d, Maya, Blender, or XSI. In two quick steps; render an IR map at a lower frame rate with Incremental Add or MultiFrame Incremental. Use saved IR map and render final images. Obviously, there's more to it then that, but it really does boil down to those two main steps. The answers (and the steps) are there, you've just got to get past the "This is only for Max" hurdle because it barely exists.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Dalomar, I completely understand what you mean. I guess I was just looking to see different workflow techniques. So many people on here spend so much time in explaining how they do things with still renderings and it seems as though nobody takes the time to give examples of how they did their animations. I dont expect it, but im just suprised to not see much of it. Even when searching, you only get a few tidbits here and there. I would just like to see a thread almost dedicated to animations techniques and workflows. We could even make this the start of it if anyone is interested? or we can start it somewhere else; anyone let me know what you think about that idea? I have one baking at work that I set on friday, but I wont be in the office till weds. but I will post the results here if anyone wants to see this thread take off. But I do appreciate your help Dalomar; I guess ill just keep searching and reading over what I already have. Im thinking about buying the vray book since it is now in english...would you recommend it?

Comment

Again, animating in SU is one thing...rendering it out through V-Ray is another...In regards to the first, I certainly understand your query...To the second, this really shouldn't waver to much and is straight forward once you go through it.

I can't recommend the V-Ray book because I haven't read it. Ultimately, your initial issue of "there's nothing for SU" is still an issue because that book focuses the majority of its efforts on vfmax. I think, as someone who's learned all of the ins and outs by reading the resources on the web, that the book will be just as valuable as what you'll find on the web. The web may be more spread out, and take a little bit more time to initially find, but you'll get the information...you're just going to have to read through what you find and apply them to your situation.

My advice would be to start with the animation tutorial thats on the website here. When it talks about V-Ray (and the whole middle part is really just V-Ray) then its pretty much a 1 to 1 relationship. When it talks about animation in general, you'll have to do some translation, but ultimately the concepts should stay consistent through out. If you'd like to "go to the source", I'd go back to the tutorial that I based that off on Spot3d. Also, since IR maps are at the core of what's going on, I'd take a look at the IR map from multiple cameras tutorial thats on spot3d as well. It will give a little bit of back story of WHY the animation method is what it is. Lastly, I'd take a look at a few of the early SU/Animation threads here. I wrote a lot in those threads, so you should be able to find the SU specific questions in there.

ASGvis animation tutorial (where it says Animation Parameters is where it gets important)
          http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...d=37&Itemid=57

Spot 3d animation tutorial (start with part 2 as LC flythrough mode isn't supported...mentioned in our tutorial)
          http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ials_imap2.htm

Spot 3d IR map for multiple cams tut
          http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ials_imap1.htm

Old Forum Threads
          http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...0&topic=1872.0
          http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...15606#msg15606
          Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
          X