renders print really dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renders print really dark

Hey Guys. I have noticed when I print my rendered images, they turn out really dark. They look great on the comp but super dark on glossy paper. I was thinking about increasing the brightness in Photoshop. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Re: renders print really dark

Which program are you printing the images from? Does this only happen with VfSU images? Altering the actual images (especially brightness) is not a good solution (believe me, I've tried when printing on clients' printers, the results are extremely poor), much better to try to calibrate your printer and display settings.

Two good guides to calibration:

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/m...alibration.htm

http://www.normankoren.com/printer_calibration.html
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

As Jackson suggest, sounds like a calibration problem with either your monitor or printer, maybe both.
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

I burn my images on CD and take them to Staples to have the printed and they look reallly dark. Don't think they would let me fool around with the settings on the printer. Are you guys sure I can't correct it by turning up the brightness in photo shop?

Comment

I have a Canon Pro9000, and even having my own printer still requires some experimentation, depending on the paper you choose to use. I was getting dark and green tinged prints until I changed to another setting on the printer.
          If you are using 'Staples' then I would prepare a test sheet with images at different settings to see which prints best. The trouble is you will always be at the mercy of the print operator and the brand of paper they are using.
          Unless you often want large format prints then your own A3 printer is the only real solution.

David
          Sketchup 2015
          Vray version 2.00
          www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

Its probably a gamma issue within the settings. The printer probably isn't set up to correlate to you're monitor's gamma settings, which will cause the midrange values of your image to be significantly darker. I haven't messed with printers in a while, but that's most likely you're issue.
            Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm going to try and talk to the printer operator on Sunday when I print my project off. At least I know not to be messing around with the brightnes in photoshop.

Comment

Hands down the best investment we made was this:

http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-pp-s3studio.php

While it is a bit pricey it is really worth every penny. I re-calibrate once a month out of habit but for the most part what is on my monitor is exactly what prints. The spyder keeps my monitor calibrated all the time and even takes into account the ambient room light. I print to a Epson R2880 and 4800 and it is perfect. The time spent re-calibrating and blowing through paper makes this tool worth the price and then some.

Good luck,
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X