Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple lights with same settings?

Hi
    I would like to know if there is some way how to change settings for more than one light at once. I have this interior scene with about 10 lights with exactly the same settings and if I want to adjust the light i have to do it for every single one sepatately.
    Infortunately i was not able to done this after i make my like as component, it doesnt work, even if i made 2 lights as 1 component copy it multiple times than chance settings for tthose 2 lights inside the component, it does changed for all other components but this kind of light doesnt render.
    Where's problem?
    I use Vray omni light with multiplier 3000 and Inverse Square Decay.
    Thanks for answer or explanation.

Re: Multiple lights with same settings?

What V-Ray version do you have? (this is important to include in questions)
    If you are using the original version then light can not be put inside groups or components. They will not render at all.

If you have ServicePack1 or later (SR1.5 being the latest) then you can place lights inside components. Note that you can not simply convert the V-Ray light object which comes as a group into an component. The light object has to be inside an component.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Thanks for answer
      We have a version V-Ray core 1.49.84, which i think is not the right one
      And another problem we have, my computer is dual core 2Ghz and if i use distribute render wirh another computer which is Quad-core 2,4Ghz at that time those squares pre-rendered and rendered on my machine are darker than those rendered on another computer, this makes big shadowlike sqares on final render, but it doesnt happen always, don't know where is the problem.
      Thanks again.

Comment

You've got the original version....upgrade to SR 1.5 and that should most likely solve your issues.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

i don't think that works for the SR1.5 version. the omni light can be convert as component, but which only control them to maintain the same size. the multiplier setting still has to be adjust one by one

Comment

Originally posted by emily
            i don't think that works for the SR1.5 version. the omni light can be convert as component, but which only control them to maintain the same size. the multiplier setting still has to be adjust one by one
            Do not convert the V-Ray light itself into an component. But wrap a component around it. Then you can copy that component around as you like. And to modify the light you only have to open any of the component instances and edit the V-Ray light inside it.
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Now that's great news!!!
              By the way is there a tutorial with all the new features of 1.5 explained?
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X