Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help - 1st Render(could someone give me some pointers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help - 1st Render(could someone give me some pointers)

I have done my first render using sketchup 7 and vray for sketcup. It sort of looks alright but I am hoping to make it better, all comments and advise is welcome.

The things I am not happy with are:-

1, It renders very blue, I know this has something to do with the environment and lighting, but with all my fiddling I haven't been able to improve it.

2, The trees are 2d camera follow trees, but they don't look great and some of them look like they have been badly photoshoped in.

3, The materials look alright but not very realistic, especially the grass which looks very flat even though it is contoured.

I would like to post the image but am not sure how, I do not have anywhere to host it on the internet so can post a link, I have posted it on the sketcucation site here - http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/...p?f=79&t=16322
    Please comment on anything further that you think could be improved, apart from the design which isn't mine.
    Thanks for any help given.
    John

Re: Please Help - 1st Render(could someone give me some pointers)

1. In the vray manual u will notice that it says that vray tends to give this bluish hue by default, you can change that by using sketchup's sun instead or by changing the color of the sun.
    2. Try to use 3d trees instead, but use them wisely and put then on your scene at the very last moment, they tend to laaaaag every move you make, unless you are using that supercomputer stolen from NASA's labs.
    3.Change the dimensions of your material from Sketchup's material editor, they look a bit like an Amish patchwork especially those stone patterns. Use bump maps for some depth and displacement if you're feeling lucky for the grass.
    Also, once started using materials u need to use them everywhere (sidewalks, street lights, roads, on the birds and the bees etc), unless you are trying to create a focal point for your project.
    By the way all of your questions have been answered in other posts, but give this a try first.
    http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...0&topic=4682.0
    Best of luck

Comment

Working...
    X