Using V-ray Lights and retaining Skecthup shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using V-ray Lights and retaining Skecthup shadows

I have a Problem with using vray rectangular lights.

Whenever I put a light into a model and send to render. Vray doesnt render the effects of the sun and only the effects of the light making the image appear dull and lifeless.

Can anyone give me some advice as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Re: Using V-ray Lights and retaining Skecthup shadows

Can you post screenshots?
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

well i could but it would merely be two identical images one with a shadow cast from the sun adn then one with it's lighting generated from a rectangular light. its almost like as soon as i place a light vray knocks out the effects of the sun even when i tick use defaults lighting in global switches

any idea what i am talking about???

thanks for your help by the way

Comment

hi, I think I have a similar problem. The shadow with normal sun light works great, but when i switch on a rectangular light, everything is getting worse. the shadows from sun are disappearing.

waiting for some advice!

thx

Comment

Originally posted by ka
          hi, I think I have a similar problem. The shadow with normal sun light works great, but when i switch on a rectangular light, everything is getting worse. the shadows from sun are disappearing.

waiting for some advice!

thx

Hi,

Maybe your rectangular light produce stronger shadows than your sun...

Comment

Guys, as Thom asked can you PLEASE post screenshots if you want specific help. It's virtually impossible to answer questions accurately based solely on vague desciptions- you might think that screenshots won't explain your problems any better than words, but a picture speaks a thousand words, especially when it comes to render problems. Many times Damien and Thom have been able to solve render problems I've struggled with for days just by glancing at a single screenshot.

As Esteves says, based on the little information you've given us it sounds like you're just using an overly-bright rect light as AFAIK no matter which visopt you setup all V-Ray lights are always additive- I've never seen one "cancel out" another, they can only over-power it. As always though, I may be wrong!
            SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson
              Guys, as Thom asked can you PLEASE post screenshots if you want specific help. It's virtually impossible to answer questions accurately based solely on vague desciptions- you might think that screenshots won't explain your problems any better than words, but a picture speaks a thousand words, especially when it comes to render problems.
              Well Jackson, I hope people hear your plea, however, we will invariable continue to get vague questions with no actual details to back them up. Its just the name of the game and you get used to filling in your own blanks to at least try and give an answer.

BTW I have no idea what's going on here...again, a screenshot would help ;D
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

okay then,

how do i post images?? i am having trouble doing it

Comment

http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=c...0&topic=2043.0
                  Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
                  X