Glass looking like a akvarium filled with water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass looking like a akvarium filled with water

Hi I'm trying to render a building, and trying to create a natual looking glass. But it looks like a looking at a akvarium

Does anyone know what to do ?

Thanks

Re: Glass looking like a akvarium filled with water

It looks like you're using a single face glass, but combined with refraction, which only works correctly with double faced glass. For a renderer to calculate refraction it need to calculate the light penetrating one side of the glass, refracting in the process and then exiting the other side of the glass, refracting again. As this means a) altering your model and b) makes rendering times much longer most people just use a single face glass for exterior renders (as you have), but remove the refraction layer, or if you keep it turn the refraction down so it's barely above 1.0. You can usually get away with single-faced no-refraction glass for windows in interior renders too, but for tableware, wine glasses, complex glass balustrades, etc you may need to make them double-faced and add refraction for realism.

Regards,
    Jackson
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Hi Jackson

Sorry for this very late reply.

Thanks
      Jorgensen

Comment

I had tried doing that with a double-sided material too, but I was still getting the fish tank result. Try this: On the Refraction layer, change the Transparency color to R240 G240 B240. This apparently makes the anything that's refracted in the glass more transparent, but not completely invisible. It did wonders for my renders.
        I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
        SketchUp 8.0.11752
        Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
        Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
        8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

By the way, how did you attach that image to your post? I clicked the "Insert Image" button, but I don't know what to type in afterwards.
          I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
          SketchUp 8.0.11752
          Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
          8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

Marcus, you need to have the image hosted somewhere (i.e. Imageshack) then insert the link it gives you. Hope this helps.
            - Doweth!

Comment

Working...
            X