Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent PNG

Hi,

I have several components in sketchup that are 2d PNG transparent clipmaps for people, trees etc. Is it possible to use these as a material as-is or do I need to create an alpha map for each component and add that to the transparency map area? I've tried the latter in the past and for some reason my texture gets messed up with blocks showing up rather than the transparent background.

Rob

Re: Transparent PNG

Yes, you need an alpha map.
    Can you post an image of the unexpected results you are getting?
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

As an aside, I've found the most successful and easiest way to create an alpha clipmap in Photoshop is simply to reduce the image exposure to zero and then save as jpg. The exposure step makes all opaque pixels 0,0,0 black (without affecting pixel opacity) and saving as jpg automatically gives it a white background. Some other methods (desaturate, flatten, etc) can create unwanted clipping results, especially halos or aliased edges.
      SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Transparent PNG

i need to use a PNG textured material to obtain transparency but also if i put the black and white alpha map as bitmap in the transparency (in the diffuse section) the material does not render right. the transparent parts are white.

Comment

It sounds like you need to invert the alpha channel.
          Can you post an image of what you get?
          www.Top3Dstudio.com
          SU 8
          VfS 1.48.89
          Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
          X