Vray2Sided Lamp [attached]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray2Sided Lamp [attached]

For a while I wanted to create a lamp like this. Finally I found time to make it, and thought why not to share it. Enjoy

Edit: Re-uploaded the file
    Download Skp Model File

Night Time Render

Day Time Render

Reference Image

www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Re: Vray2Sided Lamp [attached]

Wow 40th, really nice work! Very generous of you to attach the file and material, they render perfectly.
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

wow ver generous indeed. thanks mate. that was agood one.
      http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
      http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
      http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have noted you have Vray version 1.6.16. Is this now official download? If it is how do I upgrade?
        It seems I have 01.05.30. as last version.

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

Originally posted by sepo
            I have noted you have Vray version 1.6.16. Is this now official download? If it is how do I upgrade?
            Still in Beta.
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. Hope you'll find it useful.

Originally posted by sepo
              That isn't a VfSU version, but a V-Ray core version. I also use the latest VfSU, 1.5.
              www.Top3Dstudio.com
              SU 8
              VfS 1.48.89
              Win 7 64-bit

Comment

That number is actually what 40Th, that is the version of the main core program that we received from Chaosgroup . The current VRfSU version is 1.05.30.

Best

Comment

Thanks for sharing 40th, it looks great!

Comment

OK...thanks for the info.

Comment

40th.
                      thanks for sharing!!! you're the best!!!
                      Do you mind save your model to SU6?? or could you share the lamp fabric material setting?
                      Thankyou!!!!!

Comment

Nice job 40th!

I've got a few questions, it would be nice if you could explain some settings:

-The lampshade seems to be a little transparent but I can't find any transparency into the material settings!
                        -You set the fresnel IOR of the chrome material to 24. Isn't it simplier to set the reflection to "none" insted of "fresnel" to have a perfect chrome? Can you explain this choice?
                        -How did you determinate to set the noise threshold to 0.008 for both Image sampler and DMC sampler? And why DMC sampler is better than adaptive subdivision for this image?
                        -Why did you set only 3 prepass insted of the default 4 ones in the irradiance map settings.
                        -Why do the omni light is set to "inverse square" insted of the default "linear"

I'm sorry for asking all this question but I try to understand really how all this "mess" (because it's pretty complicated) works.

Thank you very much for your explanations!

Comment

Inverse Square is how physical correct lighting works.

The lampshade is a two-sided material - it's a special material that acts as thin translucent materials.
                          Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Originally posted by artchung
                            40th.
                            thanks for sharing!!! you're the best!!!
                            Do you mind save your model to SU6?? or could you share the lamp fabric material setting?
                            Thankyou!!!!!
                            Hey Artchung,
                            I uploaded SU6 version, look at the original post.

Hey WANER_GAROUCHE,
                            I'll answer all your question sometime soon, I'm just a bit busy with a project O'm working on. Sorry.
                            www.Top3Dstudio.com
                            SU 8
                            VfS 1.48.89
                            Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by waner_garouche
                              -The lampshade seems to be a little transparent but I can't find any transparency into the material settings!
                              The lamp material isn't standard material. It's Vray2sided material, which fakes (behaves like) thin translucent material. I use it also for curtains.

-You set the fresnel IOR of the chrome material to 24. Isn't it simplier to set the reflection to "none" insted of "fresnel" to have a perfect chrome? Can you explain this choice?
                              I don't in this too much. The chrome mat. is the Chrome_shinny which comes with VfSU. I know if you set reflection type to none it behaves as perfect mirror.

-How did you determinate to set the noise threshold to 0.008 for both Image sampler and DMC sampler?
                              And why DMC sampler is better than adaptive subdivision for this image?
                              -Why did you set only 3 prepass insted of the default 4 ones in the irradiance map settings.
                              I used settings that won't be long on rendering time, but still look decent.

-Why do the omni light is set to "inverse square" insted of the default "linear"
                              To tell you the truth, except of making this lamp I also tested all three Omni's decay types. And "inverse square" decay was behaving the closest to what I wanted.
                              www.Top3Dstudio.com
                              SU 8
                              VfS 1.48.89
                              Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                              X