Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Crashing - Any tips to fix?

Hey guys,
    I am trying to render a series of glass blocks filled with water but everytime I try to render a series of blocks sketchup crashes.
    I can render one and two columns fine, but anything more and i get a bug splat.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Here are some images:

Re: Render Crashing - Any tips to fix?

The file is only 6mb in size. It is mixed with groups and components. I am trying to completely explode it all and try again.

When I select "over ride materials" in global switches, the whole scene renders fine.

Any suggestions? This is quite urgent!

Thanks

Comment

Please double check if you have missing textures on the materials.

Best

Comment

Watch the memory usage of Sketchup when things crash, how much does Task Manager say it's using right before it crashes?
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions.

i created the materials myself. they are all identical, just clear reflective glass that i changed the colour of for different coloured water. there is no textures etc added.

in task manager the sketchup memory went up to roughly 630,000 before it crashed.

my pc is:
          q6600
          8800 gtx 700mb
          4gb ram

Comment

would it have anything to do with the modelling?

I have modelled the external and internal faces of the glass, and the water sitting between the two faces. also, considering the curves on each block???

Comment

Sometimes home brewed materials can cause problems, not always or often but its worth checking out because it is so easy to test.

In the options menu under global switches place a check where it says "Override Materials" and set the little box to a Grey color. Then attempt to render. If it works like this then one or more of your materials is causing the trouble. Other causes include double faces, internal geometry, and interference from other software on the computer.

Comment

i did try to over ride materials and it rendered fine.

But im not sure there is a problem with the materials as the rendered image above came out fine and all i did was copy the boxes next to each other. I didnt re-apply materials or re-model anything, so theoretically it should still render?

Comment

Working...
                X