Elevation render???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevation render???

Hello, I must render some elevations. How do I do with the new Vray?

Thanks

Re: Elevation render???

That's a good question that I'd like to know the answer too. ???
    Personal projects (Fantasy and Sci-Fi): http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ASY+SCI-FI+ART

Comment

Anyone????

Comment

I believe you have to turn off your physical camera. Then it's just setting the view to have parallel lines in SketchUp.

Comment

Check out these links

http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?to...37044#msg37044

http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?to...24676#msg24676

I believe that you can render a true elevation, but you need to turn off the physical camera.

In the first example above, I did have the physical camera enabled and set the field of view to 1deg (the smallest you can do) it works if there isn't too much depth to the building, as in my case.

David
          Sketchup 2015
          Vray version 2.00
          www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

I've tried to turn the physical camera off. But there is nothing in the render window. I tried to zoom in and out. I have also tried to put the field of view two 1deg. then my model completely white when I render.
            I've got it to working in ver. 1.00. Now, just upgraded to the newest version. I have be finished with the project tuesday. So it is quite important that I can get it to work before then.

I really hope someone can help ???

Comment

I've tried it now on v1.48.66, and it seems like 1deg resulting a white rendered image.
              2 deg also leads to same result, but 3 deg is working. 3 degrees is pretty close to orthogonal projection. As david said, if there isn't too much depth to the building it will be ok.
              www.Top3Dstudio.com
              SU 8
              VfS 1.48.89
              Win 7 64-bit

Comment

When you change the Field of View to 1 degree in SU you are effectively changing the focal length of the virtual camera to 2063mm which in turn resulst in a way overexposed render... so everything is white. When using extreme focal lengths you have to account for this by either increasing the shutter speed or reducing the ISO until the exposure of the render comes down to where you would like it again.
                SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Good to know, thanks Jackson .
                  www.Top3Dstudio.com
                  SU 8
                  VfS 1.48.89
                  Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Although im using an older Vray (so i'm unsure if this will work with the new version) IT IS possible to render out a TRUE ELEVATIONS none of this changing physical camera to 1deg stuff.

The only issue i have is it renders shadows quite dark & i have to use some photo shopping to adjust this.

Keep in mind this is only a preliminary render.

it also takes slightly longer to render than persepectives as to prevent cropping you have to bump up the output size

Comment

rendering "true" elevations works very easily in VfS v.1.05.30, but in the new one v.1.48.66 I haven't found a way that works (I want to make it a true elevation, no field of view gimmicks involved!)

does anyone have a solution? would be great if this could be implemented somehow into the new version...

keep up the good work...!

Comment

hmmm, i didnt really find it 'simple' :-\ as you basically have to change 70% of the original setting
                        However can you not just load it into the VRAY options settings?

Im not sure about you guys but im developing a library of setting for different renders

Interior
                        Exterior
                        Night
                        Elevations

etc....

This way i can just load them into the VRAY settings whenever im doing different renders, in turn adjust them accordingly..saves time in setting everything up just how i like it

Comment

Originally posted by blitzer_26
                          Im not sure about you guys but im developing a library of setting for different renders

Interior
                          Exterior
                          Night
                          Elevations
                          Sounds good... very good!

When I say simple, I meant you just turn off the physical camera and you get a pretty decent result! At least that's what I get with 1.05.30!

Comment

Alright guys, give this a go.

I dont like using the FTP transfer link in Fourms due to sniffing on the work server. So insted i use a website called 'you send it'

click the link (or copy paste into browser) download the settings to your computer and load them into your vray settings

Turn parallel projection ON (perspective off) in SU and get the view you want, ensure the sun is in the correct location or else it can render quite dark, and push RENDER

Let me know how you go, again im not sure if this will work with the new VRAY but it works on mine.
                            A little bit of Photoshop helps too. If you find it renders better with some settings changes, let me know
                            the rendering time will take a little longer as the output is quite large

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/870080519...16d9e26fae9d7e
                            this link will expire after 7 days (May 19th) or 20 downloads

Comment

has anyone had any luck with the .visopt?

Comment

Working...
                              X