Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change dimension of .vismat material imported in Material editor ? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change dimension of .vismat material imported in Material editor ? ? ?

I downloaded materials .vismat by ASGVIS website. I use them, but sometimes the dimension of the material as a masonry of brick or other texture it is too small in the contest of my 3D.

Anyone can explain how do this in material editor of vray sketchup?

Thanks!!!

Re: Change dimension of .vismat material imported in Material editor ? ? ?

Use the SU material editor to adjust this.
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

I've noticed that when you import a material into VfSU, by defualt it assigns the material to a 10"x10" tile (if you're using the "feet and inches" template).

It's much easier to change the scale of the texture in the SU Material Editor than in V-Ray's.
      I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
      SketchUp 8.0.11752
      Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
      Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
      8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

It sets it to 10"x10" even if you use metric.

VfSU doesn't take into account the model units - instead it deals only with the underlying unit in SU that is always inches.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Actually my process is import .vismat into material editor of Vray just to use the setting of .vismat and after I change texture and also dimension in SU. This process is working, but I don't understand if I want use the material .vismat imported in Vray and change dimension of that material without use SU....I don't find where can I do that. Opening material editor of SU there isn't the texture used in Vray. That texture is only visualised in Vray > Material editor > Diffuse > press M in the color setting > Bitmap > there's the reference file of the texture.
          The advice of everyone...if i understand, should be use the texture included in the .vismat and imported in SU....now i can change dimesion of texture easily. Wright? You mean this process? Could be an idea...
          Both of you mentioned that standard dimension is 10x10"....is true also if I'm using use as a template: Architectural in mm???

Thanks MARCUS MCLIN and THOMTHOM

Comment

sorry....
            I'm using the last version of Vray downloaded by ASGVIS website.....trial because I'm testing the software with some render in my firm.
            SU is PRO 6

Comment

Yes - VfSU default size is always 10"x10". As I mentioned in my previous post, VfSU always uses the internal unit of SU which is inches - and ignores the Model units.

There is no way in the VfSU to set the Width and Height as you do in SU's editor.
              You have the repeat value which is relative to the Width and Height set in SU.

If you have a texture that in SU is set to 1000x1000mm and you set the repeat value of a map in VfSU to 0.5 then that texture is effectively 500x500mm. But the repeat value only affects that single map, not the whole material.

So that is why you need to use the SU editor to set the size.

Comment

Yes - VfSU default size is always 10"x10". As I mentioned in my previous post, VfSU always uses the internal unit of SU which is inches - and ignores the Model units.

There is no way in the VfSU to set the Width and Height as you do in SU's editor.
                You have the repeat value which is relative to the Width and Height set in SU.

If you have a texture that in SU is set to 1000x1000mm and you set the repeat value of a map in VfSU to 0.5 then that texture is effectively 500x500mm. But the repeat value only affects that single map, not the whole material.

So that is why you need to use the SU editor to set the size.
                Hello, this is my first post in ASGVIS, though I been following threads and learning how to use the software.
                I need help to understand how to achieve a a texture (with its diffuse and bump maps working) scaled so it fits an entire face. If I got it right from this thread, the only way to do it is by calculating the times to repeat the MAPS (diffuse and bump so the texture has the desire effect instead of a flat texture) based on the SU Material Editor Height and Width feature. Please let us know how to do it the best way.

Thank you.

I'm using SU Pro 7
                VfSU 1.05.30
                Windows Vista 64-bit
                4.00 GB Ram

Comment

The best way is to position the texture using Sketchup.

When you have positioned and scale to to cover the whole face VfSU will reder it like that. (provided you have not adjusted any of the Repeat properties in the V-Ray editor.)
                  If you use the VfSU editor you can not see the result until you render, which is why you should always use SU to map your textures.

Comment

Thanks for answering. I will try that.

Comment

Working...
                    X