Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with reflections

???

I have been working with this model at work, and the glass had no problems reflecting the background (forest images).

Now here at home, I can't get the reflections done, I have changed the material several times and still nothing, neither the glass of other materials with reflection will reflect the background.

Any idea what is happening?

Re: Problem with reflections

Try increasing the Reflect IOR and Refract IOR values. The default value is 1.55 (I believe), but try bumping it up to 2 or 2.5. Setting it to 5 will give you almost mirror-like reflections.
    I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
    SketchUp 8.0.11752
    Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
    8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

Its probably because vray cant locate the image file you used for the background from your work computer, so renders it blank. reapplying the beckground texture on your home computer and it should be fine.

Comment

I would echo grapheler's comment. Make sure you eliminate other possible causes of the problem before you start sinking a good deal of time in to the black whole of material tweaking and test renders. I have rarely needed to kill time messing with my IOR settings because I think things either reflect or they don't. I use the IOR settings to tweak the kind (intensity, crispness) of reflection.
        http://wworks.carbonmade.com

Comment

shiiitttttt thats mint that you have 8 cores with your name in them D:

ahahah x
          I can see your faded halo,<br />And I can make it burn again, like the sun.

Comment

Working...
          X