Latest Vray build, using HDRIs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Vray build, using HDRIs?!

I can't find where or how to use my HDRI's!

I've opened the 'enviroment' tab and clicking on the "M" next to the 'GI colour' to apply the HDR Image which opens up the texture editor window but I can't find where to apply the HDRI!

I've chosen 'Texbitmap' from the right hand side drop down menu but can't see what to do next. The UVW is set to enviroment and I've tried clicking the 'M' next to 'colour offset' but all the options just disappear!

This maybe really obvious and I'm just being a bit slow but if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd me MASSIVELY appreciated, regards, Kris.

Re: Latest Vray build, using HDRIs?!

Hi

If you click on TextBitmap, slide it down to the bottom, there should be a box with "files" on it you should be able search your computer for the HDRI files. Or that is how I thought I have done it!

Comment

Aha! Yes that was exactly it! SO simple really :-[

Thanks ever so much for your help! Now onto the next issue with this new version, it's utter reluctance to render my models from the previous version.......[sigh]

Comment

Have you folloewed the debugging instruction?

Comment

Now onto the next issue with this new version, it's utter reluctance to render my models from the previous version.......[sigh]
          :'(

There are a number of issues that slipped past the original beta testing process, which would prevent certain scenes from rendering properly. Our current beta version of the upcoming patch is looking very promising though. I don't believe I've encountered a scene that won't render properly yet... I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we nailed the issues relating to material names and desynchronized materials that would stop a render dead in it's tracks. We've fixed a few issues that existed in the old scene upgrade process too. If you'd like, you can be a part of our beta testing. We're looking for people that are unable to use the current version properly, we figure that of all people, they would be the best test subjects.

http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?topic=7679.0 <== The mighty bug hunt!

If you don't want to be a guinea pig, I understand. Some of us have work to do, and need tools that they can depend on. If you're one of those people, just hang tight for the upcoming patch, it should do the trick when it's finished.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Dkendig,

I rely heavily on V-Ray for my work and really love using it, I've come across a few problems with the latest release but nothing I can't find a way around.......apart from not being able to render old scenes.

I've applied for the beta testing as you suggested thanks.

Oh and thanks to Jaktarn but I have tried all that was suggested as far as debugging is concerned. My issue seems most obviously to be with the lights as they're all in the scene but randomly dotted about rather than where they were placed. Weird!

Comment

Working...
            X