Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with settings

Hi
    i am used to using the older version of vray which used to render fine but i cant seem to get rid of this blue tint on my renders, any help would be much appreciated as this is all a bit new to me.
    thanks

Ps. I would attach the image but am unsure as to how to do it

Re: Struggling with settings

3 things

-What time of day (night?) are you setting your shadows to?
    -Are you using the physical camera?
    -If you are check your exposure, and shutter speed settings. You could be allowing your shutter to remain open which allows more and more light to get in. Lower that, and adjust your exposure (raise it for less light, if i can remember correctly) and you should see some better results.
    -Intel Core i7-930-<br />-12GB DDR3 SDRAM-<br />-ATI Radeon HD5970-<br />-1TB Hard Drive-

Comment

How to post images on forum: http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?Itemid=90&topic=2043.
      www.Top3Dstudio.com
      SU 8
      VfS 1.48.89
      Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Hopefully this will work as an attachment!!

As you can tell i havent played with any settings the shadows are daytime about june. thats it
        thanks

Comment

Try increasing the turbidity a little in the Global Settings. The higher the turbidity, the more yellowish a render appears. The lower the turbidity, the more bluish a render appears. You only need to increase it a little, though. Try going up by 0.5 increments.

This, of course, is assuming you're using the Physical Camera.
          I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
          SketchUp 8.0.11752
          Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
          8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

Do you have a color set next to the GI (sky) slot ?
            www.Top3Dstudio.com
            SU 8
            VfS 1.48.89
            Win 7 64-bit

Comment

. . . . also, as the model is floating, without any surroundings (paving, other buildings, trees etc) then the only light reaching it is from the clear 'blue' sky!!
              I think it will become less blue as the surroundings are put in place.

David
              Sketchup 2015
              Vray version 2.00
              www.davidcauldwell.co.uk

Comment

i dont know what the physical camera is but i dont think i am using that, i cant find anything under global switches for turbidity. I am using the latest version of vray. When i used to use the older version i could press render and it would do it no problem but this one seems a bit more focused on tweaking bits here and there. I am sure its a simple thing. I will try and upload the skp file for anyone to have a play with as it might be easier! Do you upload it the same as a jpeg?
                thanks for the replies though

Comment

Sorry about that. The turbidity is in the Environment tab. Go there, then click the 'm' by GI Color or BG Color (either one) and set the mapping to TexSky. There, you should see the turbidity setting. Try bumping it up to 5.0 to see what happens.
                  SketchUp 8.0.11752

Comment

okay so i tried again by changing the turbidity settings blue tint goes thank you it seems okay, now i have my pictures below as you can see from the sketchup model it looks okay however the shadows seem to block everything ouot on the vray any ideas how to get rid or how to improve whats there at the moment?

thanks guys

Comment

If you're doing an exterior render, I would recommend using the Physical Camera to get more realistic sunlight and shadow results (this is just my humble opinion, of course. It is possible to get exterior renderings with the regular camera, but in my opinion it's a little more work)

Try setting up the scene using the Physical Camera:

1. Go to the Camera Tab and check the Physical Camera box
                      2. Go to the Environment Tab and click the 'm' for GI Color, then choose TexSky as your mapping. Do the same thing for BG Color as well. Also, make sure the multipliers for both GI Color and BG Color are set to 1.0
                      3. Go to the Indirect Illumination Tab and choose Irradiance Map as your primary engine and Light Cache as your secondary engine.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!
                      SketchUp 8.0.11752

Comment

did everything you said and believe it or not it was the same as the last image i uploaded, i might try it with the shadows turned off in sketchup.

Comment

hi
                          the first one is basic sketchup as shown below

this image is all the settings recommended so far but i still get dodgy shadows ie its too black, any ideas as to how to get it to look a little bit more realistic?

thanks guys

Comment

Hmm...this one's got me stumped.

You might want to try working on a clean slate:

1. Click the "Load Defaults" button at the top of the V-Ray Options menu.
                            2. Go to the Global Settings tab and make sure only the "Lights" and "Shadows" boxes are checked in the Lighting section (they should be by default).
                            3. Go to the Environment tab and make sure both the GI Color and BG Color have the TexSky mapping on them (again, they should be by default).
                            4. Go to the Camera tab and make sure the Physical Camera is on (again, this should be by default).
                            5. Go to the Indirect Illumination tab and set the Primary Engine to Irradiance Map and the Secondary Engine to Light Cache.
                            6. Try rendering a test scene.

If this doesn't work, could you post a copy of your SketchUp model?
                            SketchUp 8.0.11752

Comment

tried to start again and hooray it worked finally got it to look a little more accurate! how do i change the sky to say something in the original sketchup?

Comment

Working...
                              X