Issue with Different Screen Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Different Screen Sizes

I'm attempting to render a flythrough animation for a presentation. Since the DR doesn't work properly for animations, I was attempting to split the animation into 5 segments and have each of my 5 computers render a segment.

The problem is that not all of the computers have the same sized monitors. Some are 15" full screen and others are 17" widescreen. I had all of the computers render the same scene at 1200x800 to test how they'd look. The renders on the 17" monitors look "zoomed out" compared to the renders on the 15" monitors.

Is there any way to get all of the computers to render everything at the same scale so that the animation looks seamless once all the segments are put together?
    I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
    SketchUp 8.0.11752
    Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
    8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Re: Issue with Different Screen Sizes

Why not set the output resolution? Override the viewport so the viewport isn't a factor at all.
    Best regards,
    Devin Kendig
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Oh wait, nevermind, you said you rendered at 1200x800... oh my... did you find a bug? -cries- Oh boy oh boy oh boy... ::writes up a task to test this later::

Wait a minute... you are using 1.48.66? Yup, you're not one of our beta testers. I'm curious if this issue persists in our latest beta, if you want to give it a go, I have added you to our testing group. If you fear the beta, then I understand, and actually side with that argument.
      Best regards,
      Devin Kendig
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

That's what I did when I tested it out. I set the viewport resolution to 1200x800 for all five of the computers. Below is a scene from the 15" monitors:

And below is the very same scene from the 17" monitors:

Sure! I'd love to test it out in the beta. What do I do from here to get started?
        I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
        SketchUp 8.0.11752
        Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
        Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
        8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

well, if you take a gander, you should see the VFSU BetaTesting forum, and in there you should find a post about the latest beta version, and how to download it.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X