Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FACES AND SUBDIVISIONS DO NOT SHOW IN RENDER...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACES AND SUBDIVISIONS DO NOT SHOW IN RENDER...

hI to all, me again, I like to show the divisions of sketchup faces, I cut planes and divide panels and when I render I just see all melted in one big mess..Any help beside PS work that I can tune up and show the lines?....

Thanks...

The best that I can do is keep learning, and the Renderings are just a small step to get real.
    THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FICTION AND REALITY IS WHEN FICTION HAS TO BE CREDIBLE
    http://WWW.URBANGROUPUSA.COM

Re: FACES AND SUBDIVISIONS DO NOT SHOW IN RENDER...

Well you can use a vray cartoon material to do this. However, I have found that the best way to retain this is actually just export a hidden line image from sketchup that is the same pixel aspect ration as your rendeing. overlay it on the rendering, then multiply by 30%, and you have your line. I guess one other would be to actually seperate the geometry by a small amount as well.

Comment

Re: FACES AND SUBDIVISIONS DO NOT SHOW IN RENDER...

As aclark said. V-Ray does not render Edges unless you use the Tool material, and even that will not render all the lines you see in SU.

The easiest is to export a view from SU with Hidden Line style, but what I like to do is export that image in double the size of the V-Ray render as the output from SU is aliased. So I reduce it by half in Photoshop which makes for smoother edges.
      (SU has an anti-alias option for exporting, but it is of poor quality, slow - really slow, and you often experience that SU can't export large.)
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
      X