PArt of my walls are white?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PArt of my walls are white?!

OK guys i work on sketchup and then i go to render in Vray and I turns part of my walls White! my wall might be grey and the top part might be White! any ideas guys? thank you

Re: PArt of my walls are white?!

Please post an image of what it is for us to understand

Comment

http://yfrog.com/1078422009p

Here you my friend ..so can you see the white on the top? Its a really simple model i didnt really change any of the setting !

Comment

That's strange. Have you got overlapping faces. Try clicking on the face near the top and deleting it. If by deleting it, there is still a face there, you have multiple faces on top of each other. Particularly confusing for Vray especially if your faces aren't orientated properly.

Comment

HEy i tried that and there is nothing under that face...i tried to intersect everything! and this is the render i got after

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4201/13543393.png

pelase help anyone someone

Comment

Can you post the model?
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

http://www.2shared.com/file/xMwYNu_j/Musuems.html

thank you for all the help...

Comment

hmm... taht is odd.
                I had a very quick look - but I need to go so I'll have to look at it later.

What version of VfSU do you use?

Btw- SU modelling tips: group your objects. Atm your entire model is one big mesh connected. You'll find it easier to edit your model if you keep wall separate from the ground and floor etc.
                Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

SU pro 7.0.8
                  VRAY 1.05.30

Comment

I had something similar happen when I was using a two-sided material (one side being transparent to see through, the other opaque to stop light) as a roof/ceiling to show proper shadow studies inside a building from the roof.

Comment

So what did u do?

Comment

Nothing wrong with it when i rendered it out? but i did load in my own settings

but 1 recommendation would be, instead of using the 'default' colour or 'white' in SU, use COLOUR_001, VRAY renders out a light grey better than a flat white, and it will appear white with better shadows

Comment

Alright i got bored at work and decided to give this a crack in photoshop for 5mins (ok literally maybe 7 mins) with a further developed model & more time it would come up MUCH better

alright back to regular work.

Comment

Working...
                          X