glass!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass!!

hey guys, i cant seem to tint this glass, its completely black and transparent in sketchup but in the vray material roll out i would love to be able to add some amount of transparency but keeping a black tint, what am i doing wrong? am using version 1 vray 1.49.84

Re: glass!!

To tint glass in V-Ray you get best result if you have a "thick" glass (not just single face) and then add a refraction layer where you set the fog colour.

So the Vray material would have a 100% transparent diffuse
    a Fresnel reflection layer
    a refraction layer where you set the fog colour

version 1 vray 1.49.84
    I see, the very first release. (just in case anyone should be confused by the version number here: that refers to the V-Ray core. Not to be confused with the version number of the latest VfSU which is 1.48.66 - its core version is 1.70.00)
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

nice, i never thought of that! thanks.

Comment

Nice renders skurls you are getting better, keep improving and keep posting.

Comment

thanks dave, means alot to me, i work for a huge company and vray has taken my designs to a new level. i still never got the glass to work, i made it 1/4" thick

Comment

image without pp

Comment

version 1 vray 1.49.84
              I see, the very first release. (just in case anyone should be confused by the version number here: that refers to the V-Ray core. Not to be confused with the version number of the latest VfSU which is 1.48.66 - its core version is 1.70.00)
              Yeah, please never refer to the V-Ray core... it's a chaos group version number, not ours, we really could care less about this number.

i still never got the glass to work, i made it 1/4" thick
              Make sure the geometry for the glass is grouped or is a component, and that the glass material is applied to the entire group or component. Fog color requires the entire model that will have refraction applied to it, be grouped together in order to work properly. So if I made a glass marble for instance, and wanted it to refract light with a fog color, I want to select the entire marble, and then group it. After it's grouped, I can apply the material and it will add a fog color to the refraction.
              Best regards,
              Devin Kendig
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

CHECK THE LONG LONG LINK

Comment

Or try to download the glass tutorial by nomeradona:

http://forum.asgvis.com/index.php?topic=6564.0

hopefuly the links still available

Comment

i have all those, i made my glass in sketchup completely transparent and black, i have now made it not so transparent in sketchup now and left my vray material settings the same and it seems to look better, its rendering rgt now, will post shortly

Comment

i want this type of glass

Comment

here look at the glass

Comment

Working...
                        X