Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should I upgrade from 01.05.30 to 01.48.83 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should I upgrade from 01.05.30 to 01.48.83 ?

I tried the new release yesterday for fem min. Now I'm back on 01.05.30.

I think the UI is being to large and somehow I find 01.05.30 a bit faster and more stable - though I haven't tested it very much - but it seems to me that using a texture on a face and using UVW mapping Environment does not work...

As I say, I haven't tested the new vesion that much. What are your experience ?

Thanks
    Jorgensen

Re: Why should I upgrade from 01.05.30 to 01.48.83 ?

Is 1.48.83 the patch we were all expecting? Could somebody please answer?

Comment

It fixes many things - but there are some issues left.
      Release announcement + changelog: http://software.asgvis.com/index.php...tml&Itemid=625
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Thanks Thomas....I supose I should upgrade and see if it works for me.

Comment

Yes, please do. There are definitely some known issues, and some of them are still pretty bad. There were issues that prevented people from being able to install the product at all, or use DR at all, and those have been resolved, according to the feedback from our beta testers. There are still issues with DR though, and there's an issue with memory usage in both the client plugin side, as well as in the DR Spawner.

So in short, is this the patch everyone's been waiting for? Sort of, it's part of it. We just didn't want to have a beta version that worked better than our official release version. Sure there's still some issues, but it works a lot better than 1.48.66 did.

JORGENSEN - Yeah, 1.05.30 will always be 1.05.30, so if you don't like the way the current version works, you don't have to upgrade. We know that this rewrite version has had a bumpy release, and we look forward to hearing people say "I'm using the old stable version 1.48.90, the latest release 1.48.98 is too buggy" or whatever the final stable version ends up being, but I know we aren't quite there yet.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Devin

Thanks for your reply.

I'll keep using 01.05.30 for some time... well I'm quite satisfied with it

Thanks.

Comment

If you do migrate - back up your models first. Just to be safe.
              Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
              X