Problem with DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with DR

Hi my name is mirko and i am an IT administrator for an architecture company.

we recently aquired and "powerful" server which is suppose to be the renderslave.
    i installed vray dr spawner, set up an share folder and tried my luck, with mixed results.
    Sometimes the server jumps on the ship and helps to render the scene sometimes, well most of the times, it doesnt!
    The error message which is displayed 100% of the time, it fails, is that the scene could not be transfered.
    it doesnt make any difference if i chose to use a sharefolder or to send the scene to each node.

the filesize so far was between a few kb(empty default SK scene) and 40mb.

when i chose to use the share, it copies the scene content even though it fails in the end.
    does anybody have any idea where is the problem?

best regards

mirko

Problems with DR Spawner

Hi
    We too, are having major problems with DR Spawner.

We used to render on 9-10 (max) quadcore PCs using XP, SketchUp 7, Vray (version 01.05.30) and DR Spawner - it was great, we could create several still visuals in a day (when we needed to); our clients loved it.

We have recently upgraded to Windows 7, SketchUp 8 and Vray 1.49.01. Now we are having very mixed results with DR Spawner. Most of the time, network renders fail – it has destroyed our successfull workflow; it is costing us a lot of time and effort trying to resolve the problem (and, we are not sure we can).

We have kept one PC with the older version of Vray and can still network render using three older PCs (often starting with the same SketchUP model that fails on the new set-up).
    1. Do you know why the new version of Vray is so unreliable using DR Spawner - what can we try?
    2. Should we continue to spend hours trying to find a solution ourselves, or are you addressing the issue with an update soon?
    Please any help would be really appreciated, we have tried everything we can think of – Thank you.

Kindest Regards
    the IT team

Comment

We have identified some issues with DR, and have resolved some of them during our development for V-Ray for Rhino (which is what we are currently working on). We will be addressing these issue in our next update. Development for our next update to VfS will not happen until the next version of VfR is released. A beta testing period will follow that. If upgrading has severely impacted your company's ability to make a profit, I would suggest you revert to the version that worked best for your needs until the bugs you have mentioned have been repaired. I would warn you though, that files that were modified using the latest version, will not work in the old version of our product, so keep that in mind when considering your decision. It will likely be a couple of months before a stable fix can be released for anything in VfS.
      Best regards,
      Devin Kendig
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Dkendig

Thank you for the feedback (it really helps our IT planning). We look forward to the VfS update - good coding to all the chaos team.

Regards
        theITteam

Comment

Now V-Ray for Rhino is out, we are really looking forward to the next update to Sketchup. Is there anything we (the users) can do to help? Any testing required yet or in the near future?

Comment

Yep, if you are in the beta testing team you will be able to install the beta version and test it out. Beware of new bugs though, as it will be a new "beta version".
            Acer Predator G5910 FTW!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz
            16GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit OS
            SketchUp 8.1 & V-Ray for SketchUp 1.49.01

Comment

Thanks DiditzZz for the reply. "Beta Testing Team" how do you join this elite group of users?

Comment

Hi,

it was before the transition from ASGVIS to ChaosGroup, there was a thread where you can post a request to join beta testing. Well just wait for Devin to reply and get you into the beta team.
                Acer Predator G5910 FTW!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz
                16GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit OS
                SketchUp 8.1 & V-Ray for SketchUp 1.49.01

Comment

currently there is no new beta version to test. Also, I'm not sure if we are going to continue that old practice of having a private forum for beta testing. There is now a bug reporting tool that we have added to our product, which makes it much easier to report problems directly to the developers. This makes it easier to have a more open beta process, with less signing up, registration, waiting, etc. We will keep everyone up to date as we proceed forward. We are still working on some changes that need to be done prior to starting the beta process, but it should starting soon.
                  Best regards,
                  Devin Kendig
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Great, so all the "old" betatesters are being contacted when it's ready? Can't wait to fire up my Mac!
                    AMD Ryzen 9, RTX 2080Super, ArchiCAD 24, Vectorworks 2020, Sketchup 2021 Pro, Vray Next for Sketchup, Skatter, Twinmotion 2020

Comment

We can use all of the testers that we can get, so yes, we will contact everyone when the time comes.
                      Best regards,
                      Devin Kendig
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Any news of when the next version of VfSU will be available?

Comment

Working...
                        X