Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in Rendering

HI,

I'm an amateur (without any professional study) in this though I ve been using Vray and sketchup since last two yrs. I'm working on a BAR with lots of glasses and lights on it and while rendering the same to see the effect its taking a huge time. The last time I tried to render and in almost in 24 hrs it was rendered not even 10%. What could ve gone wrong? Is this problem is due to there are lot of glasses with reflection and refraction and lights?

I can upload the skp file as well if anybody wants to ve a look on the same.

I'm heavily depending on your help. thnx a ton in advance.

Rgds,
    Sanjeev

A lot of things affect render times. Glossy reflections, high quantity of lights, render quality settings, render resolution, displacement, large texture files, etc. 24 hours at 10% is NOT correct though. A render should never take this long. I would think the most complex scene at the highest settings would not even take 15 hours to render. Not even Maxwell would punish you with 240 hour render times! If you like, I can look at your file.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

where is the render hanging? Is getting past Light Cache pass or is that where it slows down? Many lights in the scene or displacement mapping will slow down the LC pass significantly. You can try decreasing your subdivisions in your lights.

Andy

Comment

Working...
      X