Render to Image File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render to Image File

For those of you who have not used this feature, I would say that you are really missing out. I used to stay clear of it because I could not figure out how to get my VFB channels to render using this method, but I have alas figured it out. First, you need ProEXR and 64 bit Photoshop. I am using CS5, not sure if it works in earlier versions. Totally worth the cost.

http://www.fnordware.com/ProEXR/

You setup your render to Render to VRImage but use EXR. Select all the channels you want at your hearts content. Let her render. Open the EXR after installing ProEXR and bing bang boom. All of your channels come in as layers.

The biggest advantage I have found is that you can now render very hi res images. I am currently testing a 15,000 pixel wide test and it is running perfectly. I didnt even change the dynamic memory limit. No need to. The other thing I am noticing is that it takes a lot of load off of your memory, so your machine is still pretty workable while it renders. I used to get really frustrated because I couldn't even open Chrome while my machine was cranking. Now is seems to be running very smooth while rendering.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

Yes, ProEXR is a handy little plugin I have used it a few times when large renders bomb sketchup and I have to render to image files.

Comment

well, it seems to me like i have to read carefully what you have shared. it seems interesting.
      thank you for sharing.
      los campeones no nacen, se hacen...

Comment

Working...
      X