Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material "Slots" editor + lightmix

hello,

1 - it is possible to considering a new way to create material in vray ? like in 3dsmax, to have this classic style, like now, and new "Slots" editor, like in corona ? This way of creating material is more precisely and summary.

2 - new lightmix feature and new vfb for vray 5 beta for 3dsmax looks great... can you share information, that is possible to get lightmix for sketchup vray too ?

Hi,

1. What do you mean by classic style slots?
    Do you mean using just a sphere for the material preview?
    If so, then yes we can add that option.

2. The new VFB as well as a new light mix workflow will certainly be included in V-Ray 5 for SketchUp.

Regrads,
    konstantin

Comment

thank you for answer

thats great! i looking forward for beta just last question about this, would be this in this year ?

I mean "slate material editor" like this on picture ....
      Attached Files

Comment

Slate editor has been a long time dream....but is not part of vray or corona, but is part of 3DS Max...

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
        Hi,

2. The new VFB as well as a new light mix workflow will certainly be included in V-Ray 5 for SketchUp.

Regrads,
        konstantin
        Woooo-hooooooo! Light Mix...what a game changer....come on Vray 5!
        Core i7-8700K @ 5 GHz, Kraken X72, Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Trident Z 64 GB @ 3000 MHz, 2x Samsung - 970 Evo, 2x EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, Phanteks - Evolv X, SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W, CyberPower - CP1500PFCLCD, 2x BenQ - PD3200Q, 2x Loctek D7L Monitor Arms, Corsair - K70 LUX RGB, 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, Logitech - G602

Windows 10 Pro, Vray 5 for 3DS Max (latest), 3DS Max 2022 (latest), Vray 5 for Sketchup (latest), Sketchup Pro 2021 (latest)

Comment

I would like to add a slate editor to my wishlist! Unfortunately I'm also aware it's part of 3ds Max..

But currently I feel we have so many options in material making in VfSU that are really hard to benefit.

To put an example, we make quite some complicated materials, in the diffuse slot it starts with a dirt modifier, after the dirt we get a noise modifier for blending, then multi-sub and perhaps a fresnel or falloff in those multi-sub slots.
          It sounds "simple" at first (which it is..), but it's so tough to get an overview of what you're doing that you quickly get lost. Imagine getting back to that material 2 weeks after making it to modify a small thing. Also you have no idea of which slots you've pasted as "a copy" or as "an instance". So usually these materials get messy pretty quick and prone to mistakes.

Maybe the slate editor is missing in more host applications and can be developped to be used across (almost) all V-ray platforms? Of course I'm no expert nor developer and I can imagine it's no easy feat to achieve.

Nevertheless I can't stress enough how much I like VfSU and how much the devs have done for the SketchUp part. This great development (and Skatter) are the reasons I've stayed with SketchUp instead of jumping ship.

Comment

Hi Roo Evans,

Thanks for taking the time to post this.
            We did our best to show complex shaders in a tree-like structure but it has it's limitations.
            We have started our research into ways to bring node material editing to V-Ray for SketchUp.
            The good news is that our backend already has a sufficient architecture.
            We just have to visualize the graph and figure out the UX - not a small task actually.

Regards,
            Konstantin

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos,

That sounds very interesting, thank you for your update. If I can be of any help or if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me. I'd be happy to help!

I can imagine it must be a tough task to create a good UX for this!

Comment

Working...
              X