Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once user sets VFB window position and size, Vray needs to leave it alone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once user sets VFB window position and size, Vray needs to leave it alone.

I have a monitor dedicated to the VFB. With a full screen VFB window, once a render is started, the window resizes/down sizes itself every time. Setting a window size that is not full screen does not prevent VFB from repositioning and resizing.

v4 and v5 behave identically as far as this behavior goes. Not a bug in my opinion, as the VFB is resizing to fit render resolution, but this is not necessary. If a user places and sizes the VFB, Vray needs to leave it be and adjust the render within the user defined space.

Best Regards

Yes, please make V-Ray remember VFB window properties such as size and position within and across sessions.

I needlessly must re-position or re-maximize or re-zoom the VFB for more or less every interactive render start. Even just changing the render output resolution makes the VFB jump around on screen. This calls for hundreds of readjustments in a typical session, just to get the VFB back to the same position as I put it last. In my case, I use the VFB maximized and on a second monitor.

In the case that windows may sometimes get stuck offscreen (e.g. after an external monitor has been detached, etc) there also needs be some kind of "reset window" action.

• Would you please make V-Ray always honor the user's VFB window position?

Comment

Working...
    X