Easy Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Export

I have my first 'proper' scene ready to go. I've spent hours creating the geometry, importing 3D models and materials and textures, setting up my materials and maps, configuring my lights and render settings and corrections.

But, from what I can tell, my files are a mess (which is bad news for someone as fussy as me when it comes to file structure and asset management). I have my SKP file. But then I have a bunch of textures and maps in various subfolders where I've copy-pasted them from other sketchup models. I have multiple maps for a single material which themselves are in multiple drives and folders.

Short of manually moving each of these maps to a single folder structure, I don't know what I can do to change this.

Wish: an export function that either moves or duplicates all referenced assets into a single new folder (and subfolders). So you work on the scene as I have, then export and it spits out your saved SKP file which contains all of your light settings, materials, etc as well as your vray settings, etc. It also spits out a folder which contains a subfolder for HDRi, a subfolder for meshes/proxies, a subfolder for materials (which contains sub-folders for each material which contain sub-subfolders for each map, etc).

If Vray already knows where each of my assets and maps is located, there's nothing stopping it from sweeping them all up.

When I do the "Pack project" option and then open up the SKP file it creates, I check the file path editor and it is still looking to random folders/drives/subfolders for the individual assets. How can we claim that the project has been "packed" if it's still referring to random drives? In my case, one of the objects I brought in but have got sitting outside the view of the render is an object with a material containing a map that is still looking to some unknown person's own computer: C:\Program Files\@Last Software\SketchUp 5\Materials\glass-tinted.jpg

I've NEVER had a folder in Program Files called "@Last Software" so:
    1. How can my Vray be rendering it OK without access to that asset? and
    2. How can we say the project is packed if this is happening?

Thanks,
    Andy

Hi andy_smith

I believe your inquiry was answered also here (https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ed#post1097436)

If you have any further questions or require any assistance, please let me know or you could also contact support@chaosgroup.com (LINK)

Comment

Working...
    X