Quick Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Materials

Many moons ago, there was a great little plugin called Ithil Render Tools. The thing I loved most about the concept was the material wizard toolbar. You picked your material using the SketchUp eyedropper, clicked one of the icons for a preset and it would set some basic parameters for reflections and refractions. It was a time saver for the short time it was around. Running through an interior concept project the other day where I had to set up very basic materials quickly for a client's review, I wished I had something like this. In most cases, I just need some glossy reflections on plastics, metal settings on the metals, and then glass on the glazing. If I had a tool like this, it could easily cut down my setup time for things like this.

I also really liked the 'Copy V-ray material attribute/Past V-ray attribute' tool. Being able to right-click all of the parameters and paste them into an existing SketchUp material would be a huge time saver as well. Most of the time, we just want to copy the reflection and/or refraction settings from one material to another. I feel like so much time is spent on these tedious tasks, especially in SketchUp where we are downloading models from various sources and before you start rendering, you might need to wipe all V-Ray data just to keep the bugs away.

https://sketchucation.com/forums/vie...?f=323&t=65623

Matthew Valero, ASAI
Working...
X