Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On/Off Switch

Hi,
    in the material editor, you have put On/Off switches for Thin Film, Bump and Binding settings.
    Would it be possible to put On/Off switches to all other settings ?
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Hello DCHA34,

Could you please give us more information on how you would use the On/Off toggles on the material properties in your workflow? Are there any specific material properties where you find it particularly helpful to be able to toggle them on and off?
    While technically possible, we aim to keep the interface as simple as possible. Additional elements in the interface would be distracting if used very rarely.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
    Iva
    Iva Mancheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Iva,
      simply to cancel the effects in a quick and easy way.
      Let's say I made a glossy wood floor with all the reflection textures and settings set and my client decides he wants the same wood floor but in matte.
      With the On/Off button, it's quick and easy.

I don't see where it would burden the interface to add these buttons. There are already some for Thin Film, Bump and Binding.

This is just my opinion.
      Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
      Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
      3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
      Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
      GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Hello DCHA34,

Thank you for the feedback. Currently all material properties map slots have checkboxes, which allow you to disable the texture. This way you have more flexibility.
        For your purpose you can easily just disable, e.g. the Reflection map with the checkbox and if you have set a different color - you can reset it to black by right clicking on the color field and then choosing "Reset" from the context menu. If we implement a toggle - it will do the same thing in the code - when toggled off it will disable the maps and set the colors and values to default. Implementing it for all material options would be a quite tedious task.
        We will take into account your request in our future efforts to streamline and improve the Asset properties user experience.

Kind regards,
        Iva
        Iva Mancheva
        V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X