Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request: more speedy interface

Hi all,
    I am experiencing serious workflow speed decrease when opening and using the render options and material windows of the plugin.
    Is there some kind of solution that this can be made better?

Thanks,

biebel

request: more speedy interface

At second view, the speed issue only concerns the material editor.
    the render options window is fine.

Comment

Yes I've also noticed some serious issues in scenes with only a few thousand faces. I'm sure we can figure out how to speed this up.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Since the 'vray material editor' communicates on a direct basis with the sketchup environment (changes in the editor immediately are compiled to sketchup) wouldn't it be an idea to make a 'APPLY CHANGES TO MODEL' button.

In this way the constant communication between material editor and sketchup can be 'pauzed' while editing. This gives more speed while you are changing the settings.
        After you are done with editing, you can push the 'apply to model button' and changes are made.
        Just an idea...

Comment

This issue with the delay in the VRay material editor is making it extremely difficult for me to test the plugin. I just timed it...on this rather typically complicated SketchUp model (for my firm) that I am testing when I move from editing one VRay material to another, or simply from one layer to another within a single VRay material, the entire interface stops responding for an average of forty seconds.

For the record, I am testing the most recent beta2 release on a SketchUp model with 121,260 faces...yes, we do work with models this big all the time, and any plugin we use has to be capable of working under those circumstances too.

Oddly enough, VRay will adequately render any or all of this model in about five minutes with GI set to Irradiance Mapping and Light Cache, and I am very impressed by that. As a previous poster noted, it is just the VRay material editor that makes a mess of things, not the other portions of the plugin interface.

Comment

yes, the speed issue is of the material editor is really troublesome.
            I can't imagine working on a big SU file and having to wait sooo long for changing even 1 setting.

I am confident that the developers will adress this soon.
            They seem very thrusty and i have the impression they work hard to get this product functional.
            Just a little more patience i guess.

regards,
            biebel

Comment

Yeah we'll find a way for this to work. Our background is Architecture so we're not strangers to large models and the ability to make changes quickly and often. We'll work to resolve this problem. Thanks for your patience
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X