export to .epx format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export to .epx format

well, this is a request from my co-workers in the office; there are bunch of people here who use Piranesi heavily to "jazz-up" their renderings from SketchUp, and they are hoping to do the same thing on the renderings done by Vray. They told me that Vray can only import .epx file, so I guess being able to attract Piranesi users to use Vray would be something, don't you think?

thanks.

export to .epx format

We can look into it - I wasn't aware that V-Ray supported that format for importing, I don't think that we do. Perhaps V-Ray for 3dsmax does?
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

export to .epx format

oops, my bad; I meant to say "Piranesi can only import .epx file," not Vray.

sorry.

Comment

Re: export to .epx format

So we should wait for a new version to have the piranesi compatibility?or maybe a good tool that would combine the layers (material,z-depth,normal etc.) into an epx file?
        its so pity because SU does support epx files

Comment

theres actually a workaround for this...
          i saw this posted in the Kerkythea forum..

For those of you using SketchUp or Form Z or any other 3D modeller that already exports EPIX files, you already have a solution in place:

1. Export the skp as a hidden line epix file.
          2. When you are done the render in Vray, export as a PNG.
          3. Open the SKP hidden line epix file in Piranesi.
          4. Import the PNG file ( all same aspect ratio, same view exact) over the epix sort of like a paint skin.
          5. Choose the 're-render" action to commit the painted overlay so that it cannot be erased and so that it becomes the "RGB" channel to "lock" to if needed.
          6. Use the materials channel and the depth channel from the epix file for the other locks and away you go. Place your entourage.

regards,
          -jj-
          ...SU6 Pro...VFSU...KT...<br />// Intel Q6600 Core2Quad 2.4Ghz // 3Gb Ram // Geforce 8800 GTX //

Comment

Thanks, JJ. I will let my co-workers know this trick!

Comment

export to .epx format; Piranesi

ok, ok, this is the step for import a view in piranesi but, why the png image from v-ray is a bit different from the epx image saved directly from sketchup???
              help ... is a very ugly problem !!!!

ciao!
              [img][c:/a.jpg]

Comment

How can i do export to epx. format my any render file?...

Comment

just to add to what jenujacob has said:

(btw i used to be a piranesi and kerkythea user too).
                  when using physical camera in vray your render will appear a little nearer than what you see in the sketchup scene because of a default zoom factor. and vray doesn't support two-point perspective. to go around this you must use some plugins--to wit, there's thomthom's vray tools.

it's not only important to get the right resolution but to get the right aspect ratio from you vray render.

Comment

Working...
                  X