material mapping improvemnts !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• material mapping improvemnts !!!

mapping, as well as vray material, after definition in vray and assigning, should be viewable in Sketchup.

Re: material mapping improvemnts !!!

I doubt if that could be made possible.
    It would mean messing with the sketchup code...

Comment

I suppose we could accomplish this by making "dummy" Sketchup materials to represent the basic material properties of a V-Ray material that Sketchup supports. The mapping could be a little trickier, but we can give it a shot.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B
        I suppose we could accomplish this by making "dummy" Sketchup materials to represent the basic material properties of a V-Ray material that Sketchup supports. The mapping could be a little trickier, but we can give it a shot.
        wow this would be nice and hope that they can be exploded too and can be intersect with model particularly on curve surfaces. on the otherhand if they are not may UVW modifier(max style) for groups in Su.
        http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com/
        http://www.sketchupvrayresources.blogspot.com/
        http://www.nomeradonaart.blogspot.com/

Comment

its possible - though quality UVW mapping operations are not a trivial feature by any means.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B
            What if, in the vray material editor, you could specify a sketchup material to display in teh sketchup editing environment?

Actually, I would have the material editor generate a sketchup material, using the diffuse channel setting, and apply that whenever the vray material was applied - but make that material accessible in the sketchup material editor in case users want to tweak it somehow.

Comment

Yep - thats not a bad idea. Especially in regards to the uvw stuff since thats a non-trivial thing to try to implement...might as well use the native app's uvw stuff.
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X