VRay proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay proxy

this must be implemented some how! this way we can insert proxy made in 3d studio max of trees / cars / etc into sketchup for quick rendering of archviz.

also create proxy inside sketchup of some geometry to be instanced in high numbers.

what do you think?
    Polytown - Architectural visualization, Computer rendering, 3D modeling<br />find me on Linkedin

Re: VRay proxy

We will probably put that in our next iteration. We have most of the functionality in place behind-the-scenes. Its just a matter of hooking some UI stuff up. Good suggestion.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

what is 'VRay proxy' ???

Comment

It's a "Placeholder" for some geometry you can replicate in a scene without the actual polycount overhead. the real geometry is loaded only in render time.

When using SU i can think of a new advantage for a 3d studio user as i can save proxy from max of onyx trees for example and place them in an SU scene when usually inserting an onyx tree is not practical and no way you can insert tens or hundreds of them!
        Polytown - Architectural visualization, Computer rendering, 3D modeling<br />find me on Linkedin

Comment

The other benefit is they are stored on disk - so you can have massive models but only load the portion required for the current ray-casting. This can really save some RAM if you are dealing with large-scale models.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X