Framebuffer enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framebuffer enhancement

I'd like the framebuffer to be able to hold more than one frame.
    Great for comparing renders.

Re: Framebuffer enhancement

We are working on vfb cloning as well as a render history. Good suggestion
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

With "vfb cloning" do you mean two or more frambuffer windows?
      I'd much rather have the different frames in the same framebuffer window.
      Maybe with buttons to "save"/add newly rendered frame into framebuffer window (or else its get overwritten when next render starts) and stepping between them with either buttons or a slider.
      Just please not multiple windows. Screen gets clogged with them and its not as easy to compare images since they are not in the same position.

Comment

I know that Maxwell has a fantastic VFB history. It's got a little slider, next deal at the bottom of the vfb that you can click or drag from render to render. Nice feature, especially when making constant (god why i am still not satisfied with this render after i have pushed 40000 buttons) changes ;D

Comment

will be nice to get more (if not all) variables from options for stamp. i usually try and try and try and try and try and a very large "and try" and in the middle the options have gone away to the forgetfulness
          my emglish is tooo bad!!. sorry :S

Comment

We have added some common framestamp variables in our development build. And yes - by cloning I mean creating a second vfb that has the contents of the current VFB.
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

And yes - by cloning I mean creating a second vfb that has the contents of the current VFB.
              Uuuuh! Why not in the same fb window?
              I cant see any advantages with separate windows.

Comment

Side by side comparison???
                Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

how about a scrolling deal with the option to open in a separate window?

Comment

The thing with a "side by side" comparison is that small changes can be hard to spot. Much easier when the "frame" is in the same position and you just flip between different renders. IMHO. Plus the screen doesnt get cluttered with windows.

I don't meen to sound negative. It's great that your enhancing the framebuffer.
                    I just want it to be the best it can be...

Comment

I agree with you Pixero - just like how they have the memory buffer in Max where you have the little slider so you can catch the differences between two renders much easier. Unfortunately, for now we are primarily focused on bringing existing V-Ray SDK features to our products. But that is definitely a good idea and I will add it to our internal list as an idea for the future.

[edit]
                      Also - cloning will create another VFB. But the render history feature I also mentioned does allow you to flip between renders in the same vfb. Sorry - I think I read over your post too quickly before I responded.
                      Best regards,
                      Joe Bacigalupa
                      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                      X