Render region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render region

Please add the possibility to chose a render region.
    On several occations I've had to render much larger than needed just to see a small part of the image.

Re: Render region

I think that would be pretty easy to accommodate - good idea.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

SO ABSOLUTELY NICE IDEA!
      my emglish is tooo bad!!. sorry :S

Comment

Totally agree. This is an option in many programs and I was a bit suprised it was not in Vray. Glad to here it could be an easy addition.

Scott

Comment

Yeah we support it in V-Ray for Rhino because there is already functionality within Rhino that handles it all for us - we just needed to plug it in. Its just one of those things we didn't get around to yet.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

+1 on the region! If you could also add selected, crop and blow up as well that would be the bomb! Though I can understand why selected would be an issue.

Would it be possible to add a safe frame box as well? Because the view that I had in Sketchup was slightly different that the one that was rendered and I would like to control my view a little better

Comment

We are very limited in what we are allowed to do in SketchUp. Safe Frames are very useful, but unfortunately, SketchUp does not expose enough resources to us to actually implement it.
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I logged on to suggest the same thing plus a few options. I figure it’s better to post them here rather then start a new thread.

I too find myself wanting to render areas, be it simply for creating an alpha channel or for a localised tweak to update a previous render. Currently I am forced to use the 'track mouse while rendering' and I find myself mindlessly watching the screen and waiting for the area to render. I would much rather being letting SketchUp churn away while I am fiddling in photoshop or something else in another window - yet I can stuck because I cant move my mouse. Solution - In addition to the track mouse - allow for a click to fix the render focus point (like adding a push-pin to the render window). The renderer will then radiate out from this pin rather then the mouse. In addition, this pin can then be dragged around to move the focus point. This will free up the mouse while being as flexible as the mouse tracking feature.

Another idea could be to optionally only render objects. If I am trying to create an alpha mask for some tricky railings or whatever - I will turn off layers/hide all the other objects and re-render (again using the tracking mouse feature). If an option existed somewhere to flag the renderer to only render the objects in the scene then the renderer can happily ignore rendering everything else (background images etc) and jump to the good stuff! N.B. The image output would still keep the overall scene size and proportions.

Regards,
                SG

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B
                  I think that would be pretty easy to accommodate - good idea.
                  Any news about it?
                  When can we expect it?
                  I reeeeealy need this, since it would cut my rendertimes sigificantly.
                  Please!

Comment

Working...
                  X