MAC OS version ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC OS version ?

Big wish a MAC OS compatible version for SU 6..

Re: MAC OS version ?

Yep - this is a big wish from many Sketchup users. There is now a build of the V-Ray SDK that will work on OSX (Intel-based Macs only I believe). So it is primarily just a matter of us porting our UI over. I think our next major release will probably support Mac OSX as well. I'm not sure about Motorola machines though.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

very interested too !

Comment

Oh Oh !
        good news.. I hope you'll propose a cross update for the license PC -> MAC

Comment

... I think our next major release will probably support Mac OSX as well...
          [/quote]

do you have any idea when this could be? ???

Comment

i am planning to buy a macbook pro with a vrtual pc. will vray work for su6?

Comment

Well if you're going through boot camp, then it should work fine. I'm not sure how well V-Ray works within emulators (like virtual PC and Parallels). Joe's got a mac, so maybe he can say if he's tried it or not.
              Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I've got MAcpro and Macbook pro, with bootcamp SU6 and V ray it is just fine !
                I've tried with Parallels, but it is not workable as SU can't find a suitable graphic card drivers..

So I suggest to stick to Bootcamp...

Cheers

Comment

what i hate abot boot camp is that you have to reboot each time to get back to mac. i hear that their is another program way better than parallel is VMware Fusion.

Comment

very interested too !

Comment

me 2, feels like we're waiting for ages for this.... :-\

Comment

Originally posted by Joe B
                        I think our next major release will probably support Mac OSX as well.
                        The RC that is currently available is a Service Release...our next major release is down the road quite a ways...(ie this will take a little time)

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of the workflow Vray comes with, but if there where a Mac version, well ... I'd might very well get me a license.

Comment

Our workflow (which I agree is in need of work) probably wouldn't change on a mac version...just because its on a mac doesn't mean that its all of the sudden going to be better. BTW, the upcoming service release will significantly change material workflow which is a major part of things. So I'd give that one a whurl before you wait for the mac version

Comment

Well ... I just got it anyway. And I must say, I'm seriously enjoying Vray. Running it under BootCamp, and everything goes real smoothly.

The workflow has indeed improved a little. All in all: fine product.

Comment

Working...
                              X